Located next to the Convent of the Dominican Order, the origin of this chapel is lost in time, because when the convent was built, this somber Chapel of Nossa Senhora das Neves already marked its presence. Every year, on the 5th of August, the Chapel is the stage of a pilgrimage (possibly as ancient as the Chapel itself).
This church is located in a small Hill around which the initial town settlement was developed. After an artistic and architectural appreciation done in 1962, we point out the 1500s canvas from an anonymous painter in the church’s interior (although not exposed as they are in need of restoration).
Located in the village of Corujeira, this church dates from at least 1549. Belonged to the most prominent family of Alguber, the “Fialhos”, from the 16th century to the beginning of the 20th century. We emphasize the image of Nossa Senhora das Candeias, placed in the main altarpiece, made of polychrome stone; the back is not carved, datable from the 16th century and assumed to be a representation of the milk virgin.
The existence of this Marian shrine dates to at least the 14th century, but the present building does not relate to medieval times, neither structurally nor decoratively. The centuries have imposed successive alterations and decorative applications. The altarpieces date from the end of the 18th century/beginning of the 19th and the most recent interventions date from the 1980s.
The Church of Nossa Senhora da Expectação is a church that already existed at least in the 14th century, having suffered modifications and inaugurated on the 26th of July of 1953. The present church was inspired on the medieval religious form.
A igreja de São Tomé de Lamas encontra-se isolada e fora da povoação, possuindo cemitério anexo. Esta está associada a cultos romanos, sabendo-se que, em 1371 já aqui existia outra igreja, embora mais pequena, não se conseguindo assim precisar a data da sua construção.